Visiting a dentist can give some patients high anxiety. Fortunately, Dr. Steven Hatcher and his team at Triad Dentistry in Greensboro, North Carolina, are pleased to offer a solution such as IV sedation dentistry. IV sedation dentistry administers a deep sedative via the blood for fast and safe relaxation.
What are the advantages of using IV sedation dentistry?
If you have anxiety about upcoming dental procedures or require extensive dental work during one appointment, the dentists at Triad Dentistry may suggest the benefits of IV sedation dentistry.
There are several benefits to using IV sedation dentistry, including:
- Greater relaxation. With IV sedation at our office, the medication is administered directly into your bloodstream and takes effect quickly. This allows you to reach a deeper level of relaxation than with other forms of sedation
- Decreased anxiety. Many people have anxiety or fear related to dental procedures. IV sedation can help to significantly reduce this anxiety, making the experience much more comfortable
- Pain relief. IV sedation is often used with local anesthesia to relieve pain and discomfort during dental procedures. It also helps to minimize discomfort after the procedure is complete
- Faster and more efficient treatment. By reaching a deeper level of relaxation, patients can sit still and remain comfortable during longer procedures. This allows the dentist to work more efficiently, resulting in a shorter treatment time overall
- No memory of the procedure. IV sedation can cause temporary amnesia, meaning you won’t remember much or anything about the procedure once it is complete. This can be beneficial for patients who have dental anxiety or fear
Where can I find an IV sedation dentist near me?
Dr. Steven Hatcher of Triad Dentistry is a dentist in Greensboro, North Carolina, committed to providing patients with ways to have a positive experience every time they visit the office.
If you want to learn more about IV sedation dentistry with our team, call (336) 383-1482. We are open to patients in and around High Point, Winston-Salem, Archdale, Asheboro, Browns Summit, Burlington, and Elon.
Share this Article
Back to Sedation Dentistry Page
Dr. Steven Hatcher
Dr. Chad Merrell
Dr. Sona Isharani
Dr. Victoria Santiago-Coiro
Dr. Chavala M. Harris
Dr. Steven Hatcher
, Dr. Chad Merrell
, Dr. Sona Isharani
, Dr. Victoria Santiago-Coiro
, and Dr. Chavala M. Harris
comprise the team of qualified and experienced doctors at Triad Dentistry. They are passionate and driven professionals who strive to preserve and enhance the natural beauty in every dental treatment. Together with the other members of the team, they focus on developing an individualist approach when it comes to treating patients to ensure patient care is a tailor-made experience for the comfort of each client.