Oral surgery: Experienced surgical care for your dental health in Greensboro, NC
At Triad Dentistry in Greensboro, NC, our team of skilled dentists is here to help you achieve a healthier, more functional smile with compassionate, comfortable dental care when you need it. At some point in your life, oral surgery may be necessary to help restore health to your smile.
Types of oral surgeries
“Oral surgery” is a phrase that encompasses a wide variety of procedures. From treatments that restore lost teeth or alleviate pain to dental extractions, we use modern oral surgical techniques to bring health and function back to your teeth, gums, bone, or joints, as well as transform the appearance of your smile. Our oral surgeons commonly perform the following types of surgical procedures, among others:
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom tooth removal: Wisdom tooth extraction is the most common type of oral surgery that is performed. Many patients simply do not have enough room in their mouth for their wisdom teeth to grow in, which can cause pain, crowding, and oral hygiene issues. In some cases, wisdom teeth may become impacted, which means that they cannot fully erupt into the mouth and remain beneath the gums. In other cases, patients may need teeth extracted due to traumatic injury, decay, or disease. Regardless of the cause, our experienced oral surgery team can efficiently and safely remove the tooth while keeping you comfortable.
- Dental implants: If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants can be a terrific choice for restoring both the function and appearance of your smile. Often considered the gold standard in tooth replacement, dental implants are designed to replace the root of a missing tooth to provide unparalleled stability and strength for your replacement tooth. After surgically inserting the implant into your jawbone, the dental implant fuses with your bone to create a strong and durable bond. After this process is complete and the implant area has healed, a small connecting piece called an abutment is attached to the implant and a natural-looking tooth made from modern dental ceramic is placed on top. Dental implants are a great investment in your long-term oral health: with good care, they can last for your lifetime and they help prevent bone deterioration that is common with tooth loss.
- Bone grafting: Some patients who are interested in getting dental implants do not have enough bone structure to securely fuse with the implant. In this case, a bone graft may be recommended to restructure the bone to ensure that the implant is successful.
- Gum grafting: If you suffer from gum disease, you may have receding gums that have left the roots of your teeth exposed. If this happens, it is not only uncomfortable, but it also puts your tooth at risk for further disease and decay and can affect the appearance of your smile. With gum grafting, we take a small piece of healthy tissue from another area in your mouth and surgically graft it onto the area where tissue has been lost to restore a beautiful, healthy gum line.
- TMJ disorder treatment: The temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are the joints that help you move your jaw back and forth, up and down, and side to side. These complex joints are susceptible to a variety of injuries—if your bite is off, you grind and clench your teeth, or you sustain a traumatic injury, it may cause chronic pain in these joints (often called TMD). While conservative treatments and lifestyle changes can help many patients with TMD, in some cases, oral surgery is the only way to alleviate the pain and restore health to the joints.
What to expect
If you are seeking a dentist who is an oral surgeon in the Greensboro area, our team has the right combination of expertise, skill, and a personalized care approach to meet your needs. While the term “surgery” may sound intimidating, we take several measures to ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed throughout your treatment. Many oral surgeries only take an hour or two and have rapid recovery times and can be performed with just a local anesthetic in our relaxing, state-of-the-art dental center. We also offer multiple sedation options, including oral conscious sedation and IV sedation, for patients who have dental anxieties or who will be undergoing more complex surgical procedures.
After your oral surgery is complete, we will go over all of the information you need to know to help ensure your recovery is quick and easy. This includes how to take care of the surgical site to help expedite healing and reduce the chance of complications, how to manage pain if you are experiencing it when to come back in for a follow-up visit, and when to call us if things do not go as planned.
Your oral surgery team
If you have been searching for a Greensboro surgery center to meet your oral health care needs, look no further! We know that you have a choice for surgical care and from the moment you call our office to schedule your initial evaluation through your comprehensive follow-up care, we go the extra step to ensure that your entire experience is excellent. To schedule your appointment, call our dental surgical center at (336) 383-1482 today!
Watch Oral Surgery Treatment – Greensboro NC | Triad Dentistry
Dr. Steven Hatcher
Dr. Hatcher is a passionate and driven professional who strives to preserve and enhance natural beauty in every dental treatment. He is keen on developing an individualist approach when it comes to treating his patients to ensure patient care is a tailor-made experience for the comfort of each client.
Trusted dentist for your oral surgery needs
When you need oral surgery, such as tooth extraction, dental implant, or gum or bone grafting, it is important to have a dentist you can trust. At Triad Dentistry in Greensboro, NC, we have the expertise to help you achieve great results.