Board-certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Isharani, is adored by her patients. As a mother, her expertise in working with children stems from real life experience as well as specialized professional education. “Dr. Sona,” as she is affectionately known to parents and patients, practices with a gentle touch, compassion, and relaxed rapport with children.
Dr. Isharani works hard to create a home-like atmosphere that puts children and parents at ease. She believes in education and preventive care to establish a strong foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Undergraduate, graduate, and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees were earned at University of North Carolina. Dr. Isharani then completed a three-year training program, achieving a certificate in pediatric dentistry from University of Maryland Dental School. She has been caring for Greensboro’s children ever since.
Continuing education and affiliations
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine’s Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia provided Dr. Isharani’s fellowship training. This stringent program included growth and development, behavioral management, and clinical training.
She is currently an active member these professional associations:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Guildford County Dental Society
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society
Honors and awards
Dr. Isharani’s many accolades include:
- Dean’s List at UNC – Chapel Hill
- Marvin J. Black Community Service Award from UNC Dental School
- Passionate Leadership Award from Junior League of Greensboro
- Samuel D. Harris Fellowship, from the National Children’s Oral Health Policy and Advocacy Training of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, (she was the first-ever recipient of this honor)
When the white coat comes off
Away from the office, Dr. Isharani is an active participant in community affairs. She donates time and talent to Christina Smiles, an event that provides free dental care to underprivileged children. Dr. Isharani also serves as a Child Advocate for the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s lobby day. She enjoys spending time with family, and her pet hobbies (in addition to volunteerism) are meditation, exercise, travel, and reading. She is married to Dr. Steven Hatcher. They live in Greensboro with their daughter Sophie.