Achieving a beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry in Greensboro, NC
Many people go through life dissatisfied with the appearance of their smiles, and even the individual who loves his or her grin may find it changing with age. It is impossible to know the opportunities they have missed for friendship, romance, and career success due to this single factor of appearance. Dr. Steven Hatcher encourages you to take charge of your smile at any age, with beautiful options in cosmetic dentistry at his Greensboro, NC practice — Triad Dentistry.
Recipe for a beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry in Greensboro, NC
Just like a tasty main course or delicious dessert starts with a list of ingredients, the design for your smile transformation begins with a basic recipe. In Dr. Hatcher and his team’s care, components are personalized to your mouth, face, style, schedule, and budget.
Smile design with experience and artistry overcomes flaws that distract the eye from natural harmony:
- Full lips to frame teeth.
- Evenly-contoured, coral-pink gum tissue to help teeth stand out visually.
- Bright, clean tooth color.
- A full arch for a big, broad smile that catches and reflects light.
- Balanced shape and size of each tooth that complements the others and contributes to the appeal of the entire smile.
The role of the golden proportion
You may have heard of the golden ratio in nature, art, architecture, or music, but how does it apply to dentistry? The answer is . . . math! The golden ratio is 1.618, a mathematical proportion that the human eye finds extremely appealing. When this principle is applied to facial proportions, it forms the foundation for aesthetic beauty. Triad Dentistry uses this constant relationship between the small and large in the beauty of nature to artistically design the basis for your smile. Then the other elements noted above are brought into the process artistically, with consideration for the shape of your face, skin tone, and unique character of your smile. A well-designed smile establishes a visual harmony that restores youthfulness.
Where to start you smile transformation?
It begins with a consultation. At Triad Dentistry, you are assured of a low-stress, no-pressure, collaborative discussion. Dr. Hatcher and the team take time to understand what you like about your smile, and what you want to change. Your dentist explains treatment options and sequencing, and together you look at before and after pictures of actual patients.
Your smile makeover could be a single treatment, a comprehensive strategy, or a series of cosmetic dentistry procedures phased in over time. It may include one or any combination of these services:
- Teeth whitening – Fast in-office whitening brings brilliance to dingy dentition in about an hour. The process is precise and safe, in the hands of a trained dental team.
- Bonding – This pliable composite resin material matches natural tooth color. It is an economical choice to mask enamel imperfections and close gaps between teeth. Bonding can usually be done in one visit with no numbing.
- Cosmetic fillings – The same bonding material is an aesthetic alternative to silver-colored fillings. At your request, amalgam fillings can be removed and replaced with restorations that don’t advertise to the world that you’ve had cavities.
- Veneers – These thin layers of lustrous porcelain are the secret to some of the most beautiful smiles you see every day. Veneers bring symmetry and balance to tooth size and shape, while disguising enamel chips, cracks, pits, and bumps, as well as minor misalignment and gaps.
- Gum contouring – This technique removes excess gum tissue that makes teeth look too small or short, leaving a clean, curved edge.
- Crowns – Porcelain crowns are an important component of restorative dentistry, but they can also be used cosmetically, enhancing the shape or color of teeth.
- Dental bridges – Replacement of missing teeth is key to a flawless smile. A dental bridge restores a single tooth or several in a row, with replacements that are fixed in position.
- Dental implants – Implants are a long-term solution to missing teeth. Because they reside in the jaw like natural tooth roots, they keep bone from diminishing. This avoids a sunken appearance in the lower half of the face.
- Dentures – The visual impact of dentures that look natural and fit great can be life-changing. The option of implant-retained dentures gives the highest level of comfort and confidence.
Are you ready to get started on your beautiful smile transformation? Contact the dental team that combines technical skill in cosmetic dentistry with a personal touch – Triad Dentistry. The number in Greensboro, NC is (336) 383-1482 .