Why is cosmetic dentistry important? Greensboro, NC, dentist outlines the benefits
A person’s smile is a significant part of his or her appearance. It can make an adult appear more confident, can welcome friends and comfort family, and can break the ice with strangers. Unfortunately, we’re not all born with perfectly aligned, sparkling white, and healthy teeth. However, you don’t have to live with a smile that doesn’t make you feel great. Greensboro, NC, dentist Dr. Steven Hatcher and his team help their patients achieve smiles they can be proud to show off with cosmetic dental services.
Types of cosmetic dental services
There are many ways a trusted dentist can help you improve your smile, including:
- Teeth whitening: From coffee and red wine to medication and aging, there are many factors that can cause your once sparkling smile to dim. With KöR whitening treatment, you can brighten your teeth by several shades and bring back your confident smile.
- Cosmetic bonding: A tooth that is damaged or broken should be fixed. Not only does it improve the appearance, but it also protects the tooth from further complications. However, metal restorations can bring more attention to the tooth. Dr. Hatcher use cosmetic dental bonding, made of tooth-colored resin to fix the damage, and return your tooth to its natural appearance. Not only is this treatment better for the appearance of your smile, it’s free of metal and toxins, which prevents dangerous reactions.
- Porcelain veneers: When a patient has tooth imperfections, porcelain veneers can be used to hide the flaws and improve the smile. These thin strips of porcelain are bonded to the front of the teeth and can be used to address issues such as fractured or chipped teeth, minor misalignment, and discoloration.
- Crown lengthening: Patients who feel like their teeth are too small or short may benefit from a crown lengthening procedure that sculpts the gum line and reveals an attractive smile.
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry has the obvious benefit of improving your smile, often, these services also improve the health of the mouth and a patient’s overall health and wellness. For example:
- Improved confidence: It’s hard to smile when you’re worried about how your teeth look. Many people who are concerned about the appearance of their smile establish habits over time such as covering their mouth with their hand when they laugh, turning away from friends or family, or smiling with their lips closed. Once the cosmetic improvements have been made, their confidence soars.
- Improved relationships: The habits of hiding your smile can make others perceive you differently and can be damaging in certain social or professional situations. With a great smile and sense of confidence your relationships with your family, colleagues, and friends can improve.
- Better oral health habits: When you’re proud of something, you’re more likely to take care of it. This is true of our possessions and our mouth and bodies. Many patients find that after they make an investment into the appearance of their smile, they make better choices to keep it healthy and beautiful. This can include better brushing and flossing habits or choosing to drink water instead of coffee to keep the smile bright.
- Improved dental health: In the field of dentistry, the health of your mouth is often linked to the appearance of your teeth. For example, teeth that are damaged may be weak because of tooth decay. Those damaged or cracked teeth are also susceptible to further damage and pain. Teeth that are misaligned can create pockets where food particles become stuck and cause decay or damage over time. By addressing these issues, you’re not only improving your appearance, you are also improving your oral health.
Get started on your improved smile today
If you’re not completely happy with the appearance of your smile, call the office of Dr. Hatcher and his team today. Our team will take the time to examine your mouth and talk to you about your perceived imperfections. Then, we can discuss your options and decide which cosmetic dental procedures will help deliver the smile you want and deserve. For more information, call us today at (336) 383-1482.