Our doctors devote their time to developing a personal relationship and trusting bond with all of their patients at Triad Dentistry. They know how important a smile can be for first impressions in both social and professional environments. Improving the health and appearance of their patients’ smiles is their number one priority.
At Triad Dentistry, we recommend that all patients maintain an effective at home health care routine for their teeth along with bi-annual visits to our office. We offer the following tips for patients to help keep their teeth healthy and strong.
- Come up with a daily oral health routine and stick to it. We are happy to help you come up with a plan that fits in with your lifestyle and any special conditions you may have.
- Brush and Floss Daily. Sounds simple, right? Tooth decay is one of the most common reasons we see people in our office. Food particles that are not properly cleaned from the teeth will leave plaque that will eventually harbor bacteria and cause teeth to decay. Patients are encouraged to brush once in the morning, once at night, and after every meal to help cut down on plaque and prevent decay.
- Use fluoride. Fluoride benefits both children and adults. It works to help strengthen teeth and prevent tooth decay. Fluoride is generally found naturally in tap water but may not be in high enough levels to be effective. Our doctors can determine if you need more fluoride.
- Consume a healthy diet. Foods that contain lots of sugars and starches feed the bacteria that will produce acid that will start the tooth decay process. A balanced diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and fiber will help keep your teeth and body healthy.
- Stop using tobacco products. Smoking cigarettes and using tobacco use increases your risk for gum disease, bad breath, discolored teeth, and oral cancer. Stopping tobacco use not only improves the health of your teeth but it can dramatically improve your overall wellbeing.
- Be aware of changes in your mouth. Knowing your own teeth and gums gives you the ability to notice small changes that can develop into bigger problems. Make note of any growth, swelling, or spots in the mouth. Call for an examination if you notice any changes or suddenly develop mouth pain.
By taking a proactive approach to the wellbeing of your mouth, you are allowing yourself to enjoy a healthy and beautiful smile for your entire life. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and to learn more about how to keep your mouth in top shape! Our office is conveniently located at 2707 Pinedale Road Ste. C., Greensboro, NC 27408.
Share this Article
Back to Preventative Dentistry Page
Dr. Steven Hatcher
Dr. Chad Merrell
Dr. Sona Isharani
Dr. Victoria Santiago-Coiro
Dr. Chavala M. Harris
Dr. Steven Hatcher
, Dr. Chad Merrell
, Dr. Sona Isharani
, Dr. Victoria Santiago-Coiro
, and Dr. Chavala M. Harris
comprise the team of qualified and experienced doctors at Triad Dentistry. They are passionate and driven professionals who strive to preserve and enhance the natural beauty in every dental treatment. Together with the other members of the team, they focus on developing an individualist approach when it comes to treating patients to ensure patient care is a tailor-made experience for the comfort of each client.