What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental OfficeWhen your child's first teeth break through the gum
line, it's not only cute but it's the first step in
achieving a beautiful smile. If you are a parent in the Greensboro area and have an infant or toddler who is teething, it is important for you to schedule your child's first dental visit with a board certified pediatric dentist such as Dr. Sona J. Isharani.
Dr. Sona offers so much more as a board certified Pediatric Dentist. She treats each child as her own. Dr. Sona enjoys bringing out only the best in each child. She "meets" the child and family wherever they may be in their development process and needs. She enjoys building lasting relationships with children and their families and serves as a role model for many. On a national level, she has represented the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) at their annual Lobby Day, advocating for optimal dental health for all American children. As a mother herself, she understands how important it is to individualize her care to fit each child and their family.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry suggests children visit the dentist as soon they have their first tooth. This is just a rule of thumb and every child is different, but that first visit is a great way to get children acquainted with the dental team. Dr. Sona believes so much in a good dental foundation that she is proud to offer FREE INFANT ORAL EXAMS AS A FIRST BIRTHDAY GIFT!
Children and their parents will feel at ease from the moment they walk into our office and are greeted by our friendly staff. Before they enter the treatment area, they have a chance to play with age appropriate toys or books. In the treatment area, they'll be at home with bright colored stuffed animals and decor. They can choose their favorite movie, show, or cartoon before the visit starts. Some children just enjoy the relaxing music and watching the fish swim or nature scenes above their heads on our overhead TVs. This first appointment is a wonderful way for children to get comfortable with the environment and the staff to prepare them for future happy dental visits.
She recognizes that there is a lot to be discussed (even if the child has no teeth) to build their oral health foundation. Some topics include, but are not limited to adequate fluoride exposure, thumb/finger sucking, pacifier use, dental trauma prevention, along with demonstration of how to adequately brush your little angel's teeth and effectively clean their gums. Children leave with a sticker, prize, and dental goodie bags, and a photo for your scrapbook.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page