Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best time for Orthodontic Treatment?Patients in and around the Greensboro area may
ask their dentist, what is the best time for orthodontic
treatment? There is no one right answer for this, as
everyone has a different dental situation. However, the American Association of Orthodontists suggests that parents bring their children in for an orthodontic examination by the age of seven. At this point, patients may not always be ready to start treatment, but it does give the dentist the chance to see if there are any indications of misalignment of the jaw or new teeth and determine if there may be a need for orthodontics at some point during their childhood.
During these evaluations, Dr. Steven Hatcher and Dr. Sona Isharani will look for indications of several concerns, including overbites, underbites, dental protrusion, and problems that occur due to bad habits such as thumb sucking. These can all have a negative effect on the alignment of the teeth and jaw and may require patients to undergo orthodontic treatment to address them.
If children do not show any signs of needing orthodontic services, they will still want to see their dentist regularly for cleanings and examinations to keep an eye on any further problems which may occur. The ideal point at which orthodontic treatments should be started varies greatly depending on the severity of the condition and when the adult teeth begin to erupt through the gums. However, the earlier problems are addressed, the easier it is for the teeth to stay in their new positions over the course of adulthood.
Greensboro area patients seeking a pediatric dentist who can provide a thorough examination and help catch problematic smiles early on are encouraged to contact the team through the practice of Dr. Steven Hatcher. Dr. Sona Isharani and Dr. Steven Hatcher work together to provide quality dental care for patients of all ages and stages and can offer orthodontic treatment for those who are truly interested in rejuvenating the smile and improving its aesthetics and function. Assessing the dental situation early and often is the best approach to determining the need and success of orthodontic treatment.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page