Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesityMany parents are well aware of the increasing
concerns of the obesity epidemic. Therefore,
Dr. Sona J. Isharani, board certified Pediatric Dentist
in the Greensboro area, has become a continued advocate for fighting childhood obesity. Pediatric dental clinics serve as an important source of disease prevention, health promotion, and screening for many medical issues linked to the health of the smile. During a child's visit to our practice, parents may be educated on ways of preventing childhood obesity.
Pediatric dentists help heighten awareness of many issues regarding one's diet and the link to dental problems and obesity. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, also referred to as the AAPD, has developed a policy on Dietary Recommendations for Infants, Children, and Adolescents. Using a nutritional platform, this policy offers many tips and techniques to reducing one's risk for oral health care issues as well as increased chances for becoming obese. Some of the tips suggested include:
- Avoid early childhood caries in infants by avoiding placing them down for a nap or bedtime with milk or juice.
- Maintain regular mealtimes with healthy options and limit snacking.
- Reduce or avoid the consumption of soft drinks or highly acidic, sugar-filled fruit juices, and sports drinks.
- Avoid candies and sugary foods and drinks, which are not only bad for the teeth, but can contribute to unwanted weight gain.
If you want to learn more about preventing childhood obesity and other concerns such as dental caries and periodontal disease, visiting with a pediatric dentist is the first step to take charge of your child's health and wellness. Contact Dr. Sona J. Isharani today to schedule an appointment.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page