Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavitiesTaking good care of the smile is vitally important for preventing cavities in adults and children in the Stokes, NC area. Attention to dental care is often ignored by patients who do not brush and floss their teeth every day or who avoid visiting the dentist. Children who visit the practice of Dr. Steven L. Hatcher, DDS are exposed to a positive, kid-friendly environment with a board certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Sona Isharani. She is the wife of Dr. Steven L. Hatcher, DDS and works closely with the younger patients who visit their facility.
Pediatric dentistry is a specific field of dentistry that focuses on the health of younger patient smiles. Children who start young in taking good care of their smile will often enjoy the benefits for many years to come. Dr. Sona Isharani encourages parents to bring their children in early and often for dental interventions to set the stage for a lifetime of healthy smiles. By visiting a board certified pediatric dentist, parents can rest easy knowing their children are in good hands.
Though it is important to have a quality dentist for the family, it is equally important to maintain good dental health habits at home between visits. Parents are encouraged to speak with Dr. Sona Isharani about the many cavity-causing foods and habits which can result in extensive dental work needed to restore the smile. These habits may increase one's risk for developing cavities early in childhood:
- Going to bed with a bottle or sippy cup of milk or juice.
- Having a "bedtime snack" without brushing and flossing afterwards.
- Snacking throughout the day and not limiting food and drink to specific mealtimes
- Eating candy regularly without brushing teeth afterwards.
- Avoiding brushing teeth before bed.
- Reducing sugar content in foods and drinks consumed.
- Avoiding poor diets
- Not attending routine dental visits with Dr. Sona Isharani.
- Not considering the use of sealants and fluoride treatments.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page