Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in GreensboroA visit to the dentist can cause some people to become anxious or nervous. For a child especially, there may be many unknowns, and the surroundings or equipment may be a little frightening. It is important that a child receive dental care early and have pleasant experiences to relate with those visits. If you live in or around the Greensboro area, you have the wonderful opportunity of visiting the offices of Dr. Steven Hatcher and his wife, Pediatric Specialty Dentist Dr. Sona J. Isharani. Their combined practice provides convenience where the entire family can obtain necessary care in one dental office.
Dr. Sona desires to provide positive experiences for her young patients. As adult patients may receive the benefits of dental sedation, so may pediatric sedation aid children who visit our Greensboro, office. There are instances where sedation can be useful to provide a young person with a more relaxing or calming experience. Through consultation and education, Dr. Sona will help parents decide which form of sedation, if any, would be helpful to improve their child's treatment process. There are varying levels of sedation. Dosage is based on the length of the procedure, the type of procedure, and the level of anxiety or discomfort that the patient exhibits.
It is important to remember that sedation does not mean that one is put to sleep, and it is not the equivalent of general anesthesia that is used in the hospital setting. Patients will be breathing on their own, and though they may not remember it after, will be able to hear and communicate during a procedure. The mildest form of dental sedation is nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas. This gas is inhaled and works quickly to diminish minor anxiety. It can be quickly and easily adjusted as needed during a procedure. When the delivery of nitrous oxide ends, the patient will become alert and experience no remaining effects from this mild sedative.
The next level of sedation would involve an oral sedative that would be taken at a scheduled time before a procedure. This method provides an increased amount of relief to an individual who suffers a more moderate to severe level of dental anxiety and for procedures that may be lengthy and require the patient to be very still for long periods; IV sedation is also an option.
After a consultation with Dr. Sona, rest assured that if you have decided that sedation is in the best interest of your child, she has the training and experience to provide a safe and satisfying experience. She has the desire to make dental visits happy and gentle for each patient. Her goal is to establish a relationship with each of her patients and turn them into adults who are eager to maintain good dental care and habits for a lifetime. Make a call today and schedule an appointment for your infant, child, or teen with Dr. Sona J. Isharani.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page