When should I bring
Every parent knows that they have to bring their
my child in for their
first pediatric dentist
child to the dentist at some point, but many are uncertain about when that first visit should be scheduled. It is recommended that children visit the dentist for the first time as soon as their first baby tooth erupts or prior to their first birthday.
It may seem strange to bring your child to the dentist so young, but there are many reasons for the recommendations. At Triad Dentistry, we believe that a healthy mouth starts early and we are happy to explain the importance of visiting the dentist at an early age.
The first reason is the establishment of trust. It is important for us to build a trusting relationship with your child. We find that the earlier children visit the dentist, the more comfortable they are with our office, and the less likely they are to develop fears and anxieties of the dentist office later in life.
The second reason is for us to obtain a baseline examination of the mouth. On your child’s first visit, we will look at their mouth to make sure everything is healthy and developing properly. We check for cavities to ensure that they are treated and help establish proper oral hygiene techniques from an early age. We will discuss proper care of your child’s teeth and explain how you can help them maintain the health of their beautiful smile as teeth continue to emerge.
The final reason is to answer any questions that you may have. The first dental appointment is very relaxed and a wonderful opportunity for you to answer any questions you may have about proper care for your child’s teeth, nutrition, or any problems you may be concerned about.
We will explain how you should care for your child’s erupting teeth by wiping a warm, wet washcloth along the gums after feedings and explain the importance of not leaving your child in their crib with a bottle of milk or
juice. We can discuss the appropriate time to incorporate
brushing and help you with a timeline of visits for your
child to help monitor the progression of their growing mouth.
If you want to bring your child to the dentist for the first
time or simply want to find an office where your child
will be cared for with compassion and love,
call us today to schedule an appointment at
Triad Dental in Greensboro.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page