Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesityVarious studies have been done that are beginning to link together oral health and childhood obesity. Dr. Sona Isharani is a board certified pediatric dentist in the Greensboro community who constantly educates herself on the oral systemic connection in both children and adults and how it can affect one's overall health and wellness. While the two may not seem to be correlated, they are.
Children who are affected by obesity are known for having more dental health problems including missing teeth, tooth decay, periodontal disease, and may even visit the dentist on an irregular basis. This can result in further problems as they cannot be diagnosed early and often enough for proper, effective treatment.
Patients who take good care of their health and wellness and avoid unwanted weight gain are often more proactive about their dental health and therefore, enjoy a more beautiful, healthy smile for life. Patients with obesity are known for consuming foods and drinks with higher sugar contents, which can cause cavities. By changing the diet, children who are obese may not only reduce their body weight and become healthier, but they will also notice the positive effect it can have on the teeth. Reducing the consumption of acidic foods including chocolates, refined cereals, breads, and pastas—which are also higher in calories—can improve one's dental health along with an overall healthier lifestyle.
Obesity has been associated with many different chronic diseases of the body including coronary heart disease, early mortality, and increased risk of strokes. It is important that patients maintain proper body weight not only for their dental health but overall wellness. Childhood obestity is becoming a serious problem and needs to be addressed with a nutritionist and a pediatric dentist.
Dr. Sona Isharani is available at the practice of Dr. Steven Hatcher to provide quality pediatric dental care to children in the Greensboro area who are ready to take control of their oral health and wellness. Our team works with patients of all ages and can help educate patients on the benefits of proper dental health and how it can positively affect their body and lifestyle.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page