How a dentist in Greensboro can help with your kid’s toothachePain in the mouth can be a scary experience for
young children. Because of their age, they may
not be able to identify where the pain is coming
from, leaving you feeling helpless. Toothaches are often worse in the evening, causing both you and your child to be exhausted after a restless night of sleep.
If the pain is persistent and you feel like there may be damage to the tooth, you should call your child’s dentist to have them seen right away. Otherwise, you can make the appointment at your earliest convenience. Whether you are coming in immediately or the next day to see the dentist, there is some information you can gather that will help Dr. Isharani properly diagnose the issue and find the appropriate treatment.
- Have your child describe the pain. Does it hurt constantly? Is it only triggered by certain activities like eating, drinking, or brushing teeth?
- Does the pain seem worse if the tooth is hot or cold?
- Is the tooth sensitive to the touch?
- Is the tooth loose or broken?
At-home remedies can help alleviate some of the symptoms and allow your child some relief before they arrive at the dentist. Warm salt-water rinses can soothe the pain and ice packs placed on the cheek can help with swelling. Over the counter pain relievers may also help with the discomfort of a toothache. Please consult your pediatrician before administering any medication and follow proper dosage procedures.
Once your child is seen by the dentist, most toothaches
can be resolved with one or more of the following
treatments: fillings, pain relievers, and/or oral antibiotics.
In some case, Dr. Isharani may need to extract the tooth.
At Triad Dentistry, we understand that having a
toothache and visiting the dentist can be a frightening
experience for many kids. We are experienced in
working with our younger patients to help them feel
calm and relaxed when they are in our care.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page