Patient Education Videos
Pediatric DentistryPediatric dentistry is the practice of dentistry for
infants, children, and teens. We like to see
infants by their first birthday. Infants can begin
getting their baby teeth, also called primary
teeth, at six months of age. Typically, the lower
two central incisors arrive first, and then the upper two central incisors come through the gums. Most toddlers have all 20 primary teeth by about the age of 3 years, but that is not definite.
Every person’s teeth order, size, and number are all different and his or her teeth will come in on a slightly different schedule. Baby teeth, although only temporary, are incredibly important to oral health later in life. These teeth are essentially placeholders for permanent teeth, and their health can have an impact on the development of these future teeth.
Pediatric Registration Forms and Guidelines
Help kids brush for 2 minutes
Easing fears with personalized care
Many children, as well as adults, experience some degree of anxiety when visiting the dentist. We want to turn that feeling around. Our doctors and team of dental professionals adhere to the mission of creating positive dental experiences for our patients. We want every child to have the very best of dental care, which can lead to better health.
Some children are apprehensive about going to the dentist because dental equipment can seem scary, or simply because the dentist is someone new. Understanding that, and working around it, is one of our specialties. Dr. Steven Hatcher, along with Dr. Sona Isharani, invites you to experience the kind of gentle, compassionate care that makes us popular among patients of all ages. Our team is ready to assist with your child’s concerns about having a dental visit as well. Your child should feel comfortable and if they do not, we will accommodate.
With an excellent, high-energy, family-oriented atmosphere, we believe you will love it here. Going to the dentist may not be something you have looked forward to in the past, but we want to make this task a pleasant one.
Our pediatric specialist, Dr. Sona Isharani
Dr. Sona Isharani is a Board Certified pediatric dentist who has been in private practice for over eight years. She completed the standard education and training of general dentistry, but went on to continue her journey another three years, completing pediatric specialty certification. Dr. Isharani also completed a fellowship in this area of specialty, working at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia CHOP)/University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.
We are excited that Dr. Isharani is a part of our dental team. She truly cares about her patients and loves her job! Get to know Dr. Isharani, and our friendly, knowledgeable staff during a consultation in our fun, family-friendly dental office.
What we think is so special about our practice is that no child ever has to 'graduate' from our practice. They can enjoy the expertise of Pediatric dentistry in their early years and move right through adulthood
with Dr. Hatcher, our highly trained, comprehensive
adult dentist. Contact us for your appointment today.
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in