Greensboro pediatric dentist
As a parent, you have a lot to do. Cooking dinner,
provides oral care health
tips for children
finding lost shoes, baseball games, birthday parties,
diaper changes, homework, doctor’s visits…
the list is never ending. Much of what parents teach their child begins with giving them a good example to observe. For example, demonstrating kindness to a stranger helps your child learn how to be a nice to a new friend at school, expressing your love for vegetables helps your child learn to eat her broccoli, and making time to exercise shows your child that overall health and wellness is important.
The same theory applies to dental care. By demonstrating good oral health care habits, your child is more likely to pick up these habits and carry them with her into adulthood. Dr. Steven L. Hatcher, and Dr. Sona J. Isharini, have been providing expert dental services to parents and children in the Greensboro, NC, area for many years. With a specialization in working with children, Dr. Sona understands that parents may be uncertain about when to start and how to best care for their child’s teeth. Here, Dr. Sona offers some tips for parents:
- Start early. It’s never too early to care for your child’s mouth. Even before the first tooth erupts, parents can clean the baby’s gums by wiping them with a soft cloth after feedings. Once the tooth does break through, brush it gently with an infant toothbrush.
- Teach your child well. Give you child the toothbrush and teach him how to reach the back teeth. However, until you’re really sure that he can properly clean the teeth be sure that you follow his brushing time with a solid cleaning of your own. Introduce your child to dental floss as soon as the teeth begin to touch as that is a common area for cavities to form.
- Make dental visits a habit. Visiting the dentist can be as common and ordinary as visiting the pediatrician. By starting early, your child will develop a relationship with the dentist at a young age and experience less apprehension about dental visits. Consider letting your child tag along for one of your visits so that she can see what happens during a dental visit.
- Eat well. Eating healthy is important for your overall wellness, but it’s also good for your teeth. Foods that have a high sugar content are common culprits for cavities and tooth decay. Swapping the lollipops and candy bars with fruits and vegetables can improve your child’s oral health.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page