Importance of a dentist for kids in the Greensboro areaVisiting a dentist is important for adults, but is just as important for children. Some parents forget that their children need to be seen by the dentist just as many times as they do. Two visits a year is highly recommended for children so the dentist can keep an eye on the teeth and gums and check for any signs of disease or cavities. Being proactive about dental care is essential.
Dr. Sona J. Isharani is a board certified pediatric dentist who helps children achieve healthy smiles. She does so by working with them regularly and providing a wide range of services. Below are some of the treatment options available for children through her practice:
- Cleanings – cleanings are essential at least twice a year to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria that may not have been brushed and flossed away during daily care. Even patients who take a lot of time caring for their smile may still have areas where problems develop. Seeing a dentist for a professional cleaning can address these areas and keep decay and disease from becoming a problem.
- X-rays – sometimes, cavities and other problems cannot be seen with the naked eye. This is when Dr. Sona J. Isharani may consider using x-rays to check the health of the teeth even from the inside. X-rays are done right in our office and are used as diagnostic tools.
- Fillings – when cavities develop, treatment is necessary to keep them from enlarging and becoming extremely painful. When cavities are found, the dentist needs to place a filling, which keeps it from expanding. Our practice uses composite resin fillings which are mercury-free and more aesthetic.
- Fluoride and sealant – sometimes, proactive services such as fluoride or sealant application can be used in protecting the smile and giving children extra protection for their teeth. These treatments are applied onto the teeth right in the office and are highly recommended for not only children but for some adults as well.
Contact our team today at (336) 804 8668 to make your next dental appointment with our professional staff.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page