Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smilesTypically, we think of pediatric dentistry as the area in which children are taught how to – and why to – care for their teeth with daily brushing and flossing and healthy food choices. There is more on your dentist’s mind than this. One of the aspects of dental care that begins when a child is six or seven years of age is evaluation for braces. At this time, care for children expands to assess the development of the jaw in relation to the growth of permanent teeth. In our Greensboro dental practice, our pediatric specialist Dr. Sona Isharani understands that catching the potential for misalignment early can help a child avoid issues with breathing, snoring, and sleeping.
Braces are not typically seen in chidren’s smiles. This is because most people wait until the jaw has fully developed to address the issue of misalignment. Waiting for braces does not mean that you must wait to see how misalignment occurs. Early assessments can help us identify whether or not there will be enough space in the mouth for teeth to grow in properly. When there is not, we can plan preemptive treatment to facilitate jaw growth. Taking this early step makes actual orthodontic care much more efficient.
During the teen years, the chosen form of braces will be applied. Dr. Isharani is familiar with the various forms of orthodontic treatment and provides details of treatments suited to the patient’s needs. Though there is a high demand for aesthetics during orthodontic treatment, our goal as dental professionals is to recommend the method that will achieve the best results based on the bite, degree of misalignment, and more. When braces follow early expansion of the jaw, there tends to be much less need for dramatic tooth movement.
The benefits of early orthodontic evaluation extend beyond the obvious correction of misalignment. We have learned through research that more than half of the children diagnosed with ADD actually have airway issues as a result of a bad bite, called malocclusion. When the airway is affected by misalignment in the jaw, sleep is disrupted. Lack of sleep in a child can cause behavioral issues like hyperactivity and an inability to concentrate.
Addressing misalignment improves a child’s sense of confidence and also his or her general wellbeing. Learn more about orthodontic evaluation in your consultation with Dr. Hatcher or Dr. Isharani. Call (336) 804 8668.
- Children's Dentistry of Greensboro - Children's dentistry in family practice of Greensboro delivers specialized treatment for younger patients
- Pediatric Sedation Dentistry Greensboro - Children and teens have a more pleasant experience with pediatric sedation dentistry in Greensboro
- Greensboro Pediatric Dentistry - Greensboro pediatric dentist provides oral care health tips for children
- Dentist for Children in Greensboro - Feel good choosing a dentist for your children in Greensboro
- Dental Cavities in Children Greensboro - Prevention of dental cavities in children in our office near Greensboro targets oral bacteria
- Cavity Causing Food in Kids Greensboro - Sugar is not the only cavity-causing food discussed in kids' dentistry in Greensboro
- Misaligned Teeth in Kids Greensboro - Correcting misaligned teeth in kids, your Greensboro Dentist may take advantage of that growth spurt
- Braces for Children Greensboro - Early evaluation for braces helps children in Greensboro enjoy happy, healthy smiles
- Oral Health and Childhood Obesity in Greensboro - Dentist in Greensboro describes the link between oral health and childhood obesity
- Causes and Treatment for Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) in NC - Causes and treatment for teeth grinding (Bruxism) in NC area
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth and Gums Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes how to take care of your child’s teeth and gums
- Preventing Cavities in Stokes NC - Pediatric Dentist in Stokes NC advices children and parents on methods of preventing cavities
- Greensboro Dentist a Fun Place for Kids - Greensboro Dentist makes the practice a fun place for kids
- Preventing Childhood Obesity Greensboro - Greensboro area Dentist describes ways of preventing childhood obesity
- Infant Oral Health Greensboro - Understanding infant oral health with assistance from a Greensboro area Dentist
- Your Child's First Dental Visit Greensboro - What you can expect during your child's first dental visit in our Greensboro Pediatric Dental Office
- Eruption of Your Child's Teeth Greensboro - Greensboro area
Dentist describes the eruption of your child's teeth
- What is the Best Time for Orthodontic Treatment
Greensboro - Greensboro area patients ask, what is the best
time for Orthodontic Treatment?
- Child Friendly Dentistry Greensboro - Seeking child friendly
dentistry in Greensboro
- Kids Dentist Greensboro - How a dentist in Greensboro
can help with your kid's toothache
- Pediatric Dentist Greensboro - When should I bring my
child in for their first pediatric dentist appointment in
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page